Prince Harry to Return to UK for WellChild Awards Three Years After Queen’s Death

Prince Harry to Return to UK for WellChild Awards Three Years After Queen’s Death

The Duke of Sussex will make his first visit to the UK since losing his legal battle with the Home Office over his security arrangements.

Prince Harry is set to attend the WellChild annual awards ceremony on September 8, where he will meet children and carers, give a speech, and present the award for the most inspirational child aged four to six. Marking the date three years since Queen Elizabeth II passed away, Harry will be visiting alone, as his wife, Meghan Markle, and their children, Archie, six, and Lilibet, four, are not expected to accompany him.

In May, the duke lost his long-running legal challenge to reinstate his right to police-provided security in the UK. Following the High Court defeat, he told the BBC that his father, King Charles III, “won’t speak to me because of this security stuff. But it would be nice to reconcile.”

Harry added:

“I can’t see a world in which I would be bringing my wife and children back to the UK at this point. And the things that they’re going to miss is, well, everything. You know, I love my country. I always have, despite what some people in that country have done … it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show my children my homeland.”

Acknowledging the role of his autobiography, Spare, in straining family relations, he said:

“Some members of my family will never forgive me for writing a book. Of course, they will never forgive me for lots of things. But I would love reconciliation with my family. There’s no point in continuing to fight any more.”

In July, two of Harry’s PR advisers were seen meeting with the King’s head of communications, although it is unclear whether King Charles III will meet the duke during this trip, as he is expected to be in Scotland.

This will be Harry’s 15th WellChild ceremony as patron of the charity, a role he has held for 17 years. He said:

“I am always privileged to attend the WellChild Awards and meet the incredible children, families and professionals who inspire us all with their strength and spirit. For 20 years these awards have highlighted the courage of young people living with complex health needs and shone a light on the devoted caregivers, family and professionals, who support them every step of the way. Their stories remind us of the power of compassion, connection and community.”

The WellChild charity, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, supports seriously ill children and their families. Last year’s ceremony took place at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London and featured celebrity guests including Sir Rod Stewart, Penny Lancaster, Rylan Clark, and Oti Mabuse, with performances from Beverley Knight and Pixie Lott.

Prince Harry UK visit, Duke of Sussex WellChild Awards, WellChild 2025, Harry Meghan children, King Charles III, Prince Harry reconciliation, WellChild charity patron, seriously ill children UK, Archies Court awards, celebrity charity events UK, Harry Spare autobiography, royal family news, Harry Home Office security, UK royal events, inspirational children awards, UK charity ceremonies, Queen Elizabeth II anniversary, Harry WellChild speech, Duke of Sussex charity work

If you like, I can also provide 5 SEO-optimised headline options for this article. Do you want me to do that?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *